Wednesday, November 9, 2022
- Democratic Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker has won another four-year term.
- Democratic U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois recalled her poor childhood after she won reelection yesterday.
- Illinois’ 13th congressional district became one of the hottest races in the state.
- Chicago Democrat Alexi Giannoulias will be the next Illinois Secretary of State, replacing longtime incumbent Jesse White.
- If Champaign County election tallies from late last night hold up, Democrats won every county office they ran for.
- Election officials in Vermilion County say they believe this year’s voter turnout was higher than in previous midterm elections.
- As expected, Republican Mary Miller won re-election to represent Illinois’ 15th Congressional District.
- Illinois’ 17th Congressional District is the last one in the state to be officially decided.
In today’s deep dive, we’ll hear about claims of a cyberattack on Champaign County election systems, plus election results from the county and across the state.
217 Today is produced by Sydney Wood. Reporting today contributed by Alex Degman, Dan Mihalopoulos, Mawa Iqbal, Harrison Malkin, Lillie Salas, Stephanie Wayda and Jim Meadows.