Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Governor J-B Pritzker has declared monkeypox a public health emergency, and Illinois is a disaster area regarding the virus.
- Updated COVID booster shots will be available in early September around the start of cold and flu season.
- A group of therapists focused on healing those involved in gun violence in Champaign County has money to expand.
- The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District is cutting back on certain COVID-19 services due to an end in money earmarked for those programs.
- Thunderstorms and heavy rain caused flooding to our south on Tuesday morning.
In today’s deep dive, we’ll learn how Republican candidate for Governor Darren Bailey is having trouble getting endorsements and money from key figures in his party.
217 Today is produced by Sydney Wood. Reporting today contributed by Mark LeBien, Mawa Iqbal, Emily Hays and Dave McKinney.