For health questions about COVID-19, call the Illinois Department of Public Health hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDPH has also compiled a list of testing sites across the state, including information on testing eligibility and contact information.
Illinois has expanded COVID-19 testing criteria to allow all health care workers, including nursing home employees to get tested, as well as front line workers and those who support critical infrastructure, such as grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations and childcare, regardless of whether you are experiencing symptoms.
Anyone who has had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or who has a health risk factor is also eligible for testing, as well as any person showing COVID-19 symptoms.
CU Public Health advises people to contact their health care provider to get referred to a testing site. Those who lack a health care provider can call CU Public Health’s COVID-19 hotline number, (217) 239-7877.
Market Place mall, Champaign
- Public drive-through testing site operated by the Illinois National Guard
- Open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., seven days a week
- Doctor’s referral not required
Promise Healthcare, Champaign
- COVID-19 testing is available at Frances Nelson Health Center.
- Call the COVID-19 Care Line at (217) 403-5402 or (217) 356-1558 if you have symptoms.
- Testing is available from 7:30 am – 5:15 pm, Monday through Friday at Frances Nelson, 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign.
Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana
- Carle has an online assessment tool for people experiencing symptoms of COVID-19: fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing.
- People also call their hotline at 217.902.6100.
- Carle has opened a designated a testing COVID-19 site for approved patients. A patient’s provider will offer direction to the site.
OSF HealthCare, Urbana
- People can call their COVID-19 Nurse Hotline at 833.673.5669.
- Clare, the virtual assistant chatbot on org, is equipped to begin screenings for and educate the public about COVID-19.
- OSF COVID Companion is a free text messaging tool that the public can use to receive guidance about COVID-19. To subscribe, users can text OSF to 67634.
- OSF SilverCloud-An online platform available at org/silvercloud, available 24/7 to help manage stress, anxiety and depression. It’s backed by a live health care professional who can direct users to in-person or telehealth care if necessary.
- OSF HealthCare is launching a Pandemic Health Worker Program (PHWP) that will serve individuals with COVID-19 symptoms. A person is eligible for the PHWP if he or she is showing COVID-19 symptoms, or is at high risk for contracting the virus, but does not require emergency or inpatient care, and can be digitally monitored at home. They must first call the COVID-19 Nurse Hotline (833-OSF-KNOW)and be digitally triaged by a nurse. Depending on the answers to the screening questions, the nurse or other provider will determine if they are eligible for the PHWP. If enrolled, the client will be notified and receive a phone call from a Pandemic Health Worker within 48 hours.
Christie Clinic (217) 366-4070 (8 am – 5 pm; Monday – Friday)
- Visit christieclinic.com or follow Christie Clinic on social media for the most up to date information on COVID-19.
- Christie Clinic has an authorized testing facility outside the Christie Clinic on Windsor location.
- Patients need to call ahead to receive specific instructions on where to go and how to be tested. This will reduce the risk of potential exposure to others.
- To help slow the spread of COVID-19, Christie Clinic patients will be limited to one support person at their appointment. Additional guests should remain in their vehicles.
McLean County Fairgrounds (Interstate Center), 1106 Interstate Dr, Bloomington
- Testing site is open every day from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Results within 3-7 days
- People who can get tested:
- Critical infrastructure workers with symptoms
- Any individual with symptoms
- Health care facility workers and first responders without symptoms
- Individuals with mild symptoms in communities experiencing high numbers of COVID-19 hospitalizations
Memorial Health System, Decatur & Springfield
- DMH ExpressCare East, 4455 E. U.S. 36, Decatur
- Testing site is open every day 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Sign up for drive-thru screening by calling 217.876.1200
- Memorial Physician Services, 2950 South Sixth Street, Springfield
- Testing site is open every day 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Sign up for drive-thru screening by calling 217.588.4019
- People with respiratory symptoms such as cough, chest congestion, sore throat, difficulty breathing and fever can get tested.
- Screening and evaluation will be performed while the patient remains in their vehicle.